The Opinion Research Corporation asked 700 office workers around country about the importance of ergonomics in the workplace. Here is what they found:
- Only 20% of respondents knew what ergonomics was, although 64% said they thought they knew
- 77% thought ergonomics in the workplace was important
- Most repondents identified their keyboard, computer and chair as needing the most ergonomic improvement
What does this tell us?
- There needs to be more awareness about what ergonomics is and the importance of paying attention to it.
- Employers need to listen to their employees and improve ergonomic conditions in the workplace. Everyone benefits from happier and healthier workers.
- We spend too much time on the computer! Chairs, monitors, keyboards, and mice are the most important ergonomic products to use, and we need innovative and effective products to become affordable and available to everyone.
Link to original article